The human skin is a fragile organ that is subject to aging and environmental factors like any other skin tissue in the body. These factors affect skin color, texture, and tightness – among many others.
As we age, we lose collagen and elastin fibers needed for keeping our skin looking young and beautiful. In addition to some natural causes of aging, such as genetics, smoking habits, or prolonged exposure to sunlight can also speed up this process. If you wish to slow down your aging, one of the treatments that your plastic surgeon may recommend is Pico laser. Singapore flaunts several qualified practitioners that can help with this treatment.
Before consenting though, it is appropriate that you compare the benefits vs. the risks. Now, Pico is a laser technology that can deliver energy into the skin at a very high rate of speed, allowing it to be absorbed in an instant. This can help in the fight against age and sun-related symptoms in the skin.
What Conditions can Pico Laser help with?
There is a wide range of conditions in which your plastic surgeon may recommend Pico laser in Singapore for. The areas that the use of Pico lasers can help improve include:
- Skin rejuvenation, improving fine lines and wrinkles; treating acne scars; reducing ingrown hairs; eliminating stretch marks, etc.
- Tightening saggy skin such as eyelids or body folds like “bra lines” or double chin fat. The Pico laser is also good for correcting enlarged pores, redness, and rosacea symptoms caused by inflammation.
- Treating unwanted tattoos, port-wine stains, birthmarks.
What are the Benefits of Pico Laser?
Compared to other traditional laser techniques that deliver energy over seconds or minutes, Pico lasers only require a very short time to achieve the desired results. The heat produced by this laser technology can affect precisely targeted areas without affecting surrounding tissues. This means that there’s no risk of injury or scarring during the procedure! Other benefits include:
- Less pain during the treatment: Pico laser treatments are one of the least invasive techniques available in the market today. The fact that no anesthesia is required makes it a safe and practical option for people of all skin types.
- Treatment time: While some other laser procedures may need an hour or more to see a visible result, Pico lasers require minimal downtime, allowing patients to go back to their daily routine shortly after their treatment!
- Faster healing post-treatment: With minor trauma on the treated area after Pico laser in Singapore, there’s a reduced risk of swelling and bruising. Besides, immediate results minimize the amount of exposure that you have to ultraviolet radiation from sunlight or tanning beds, letting your skin heal faster after each session.
- Helps with collagen production: Studies have shown that laser treatments of this kind also stimulate collagen production, which helps make your skin more elastic and allows it to better bounce back from the effects of exposure to the elements.
- Reduces risk of infection: There’s a low incidence of infections after Pico laser treatments because there is no need for incisions during the procedure. This makes it safe and effective for people with sensitive skin and those with pre-existing conditions such as eczema or psoriasis.
- No need for time off work or school: Many laser procedures are associated with downtime, which means that you are unable to do anything productive for a certain amount of time after your treatment. Since Pico lasers have very few limitations in terms of physical activity, people can make an appointment and go back to their daily routine the same day!
Is Pico Laser Safe?
Although Pico laser treatments have been proven to be safe, it’s always best to consult a board-certified plastic surgeon before undergoing the treatment. If the patient is not a good candidate for any laser procedure, other cosmetic interventions can address the desired results. Possible side effects might include:
- Redness: The skin in treated areas may appear slightly red or have a mild burning sensation during and after the treatment. This will go away within hours after the procedure! However, if your skin is exposed to direct ultraviolet radiation from sunlight or tanning beds right after having a Pico laser treatment, you risk increasing your chances of developing hyperpigmentation (skin darkening).
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: This ties to the first point. This condition may occur in some people whose skin is exposed immediately to ultraviolet radiation without protection.
- Post-inflammatory hypopigmentation: This one happens when the skin is not exposed to enough sunlight after treatment.
- Swelling: As with other procedures, you may experience a little bit of swelling in your skin after a Pico laser treatment. This will go away within a couple of hours or so!
- Sun sensitivity: If you have sensitive skin, there’s an increased risk that you’ll develop sunburns when you’re outside during peak sunlight hours, even if you use sunscreen regularly. However, Pico lasers can increase melanin production to help darken brown spots for better protection from sun damage.
- Infection: You may be at risk of developing bacterial or fungal infections if your body is not fighting off illness before undergoing a procedure like this one!
Don’t hesitate to ask your plastic surgeon about which products are safe for use in treated areas and how long before these can be safely applied again. Many doctors recommend using sunscreen with SPF 30+ every day until the skin has fully, even if you don’t plan to go out.
Because we’re able to achieve precise results with minimal damage to surrounding tissues, Pico lasers are very safe when used by an experienced practitioner. As a general rule, before consenting to this treatment, always check if your surgeon is board-certified and has experience in performing laser procedures like this one.
We know how important it is for you to achieve the most desirable results. We also understand that each person has specific goals when it comes to getting rid of that stubborn fat or acne scars, so we always consult closely with our patients before choosing the right treatment plan. At Ozhean Zoey, Medical and Aesthetics, we love working with people passionate about understanding what they need to look their best. Don’t wait any longer! Pick up the phone and let us know exactly what you’re looking for.
Ozhean Zoey Medical & Aesthetic Clinic – Fat Freeze, Acne, Acne Scar Removal, Pico Laser Singapore
111 Somerset Rd, 04-10 Triple One Somerset, Singapore 238164